Someone Thinks I'm Fabulous!


Thank you Sophie Laurent for nominating On Life, Love and Accidental Adventures for the Fabulous Blog Award! This (usually) humble author is touched by your ardent devotion and demonstration of affection. I hope my musings (and frequent digressions) continue to entertain you for a long, long time.

Now, in keeping with the tradition of this Fabulous Award, I must pass it along to five other blogs that I find most fabulous and list five of my addictions. So, here are five blogs that I find fabulously fascinating:

Belle Image by Stephanie Mounts – because she is a wildly talented photographer and the best friend I’ve ever had.

Tea at Trianon by Elena Maria Vidal – because she has long shared my passion for all things eighteenth century France, but especially Marie Antoinette.

Translucent Blue by Amelia K – because she is a gifted artist and visiting her blog is like treating my eyes to sweet visual candy!

Tava's Reflection by The Talented Tava Musial - because she is wickedly witty and also profoundly deep.
Cindy Miles - because she likes to talk about interesting things like the paranormal, writing, books, Kidd Kraddick, and James McAvoy and is also another one of my best friends.


And now for my five addictions:




I am addicted to my dog.  Molly Muffin, my twelve pound schnoodle, my girl with balls, is the sweetest, most loyal soul I have ever encountered and for that reason (and many more) she makes my Addiction List.


I am addicted to France.  Although it is not possible for me to physically reside in France, I journey there mentally quite often.  I remember sun dappled afternoons spent touring the gardens at Chateau Chenonceau, magical nights strolling beneath the twinkling Christmas lights on the Champs Elysees, and peaceful mornings sipping hot chocolate and munching on croissants at a cafe in a quaint Breton village.


I am addicted to 18th Century France.  If I could somehow travel through space and time, I would like to find myself situated in the eighteenth century at the Palace of Versailles.  I would prefer it to be sometime in the late reign of Louis XV, after Marie Antoinette arrived at court but before her capricious antics marked her as the Austrian whore.  I've long been obsessed with the elegance, grandeur, and enlightenment of the eigtheenth century, when men wore swords, rode horses, kept lovers, and fought duels.  Sigh...


I am addicted to the written word.  I love reading and writing and could happily lose myself between the pages of a book or at a keyboard for weeks on end....





And last but certainly not least, I am addicted to sunshine.  After spending two years in the dreariest and darkest wilds of Alaska, where mushrooms grew on my ass and moose often rang my doorbell (Okay, I am exaggerating about the former but not the latter!), I have came to recognize the importance of sunshine for my health and happiness.

So, there you go. Be sure to check out those fabulous blogs.

Comments

Dear Fireflies said…
Ah, you just added a zesty lime colored paint into my empty palette this morning! This is such a wonderful surprise, Leah, I'm off to my happy place...Thank you! (^_^) oxx
Anonymous said…
Love Your Blog! I read it everyday, I look foward to it. Please write more!
Anonymous said…
Love your blog! you brighten my day. I like to wake up to it, write more.
Thank you so much for the honorable mention, Leah! I am very grateful!

Popular posts from this blog

Cheri Herouard ~ La Vie Parisienne

Have Plot, Will Travel

Creepy Château de Chaumont & Catherine's Shady Squad