National Military Appreciation Month

"In 1999, Congress designated May as National Military Appreciation Month to recognize the service and sacrifice of those in uniform.  I have dedicated May to spotlighting authors connected to the military.  Today we welcome Air Force veteran and Kensington author Leah Marie Brown..."  Kim Lowe, Editor of SOS ALOHA.


Kim:  Thank you for your service in the USAF! What did you learn from active duty that you can apply to your writing career?

LMB:  Wow! That's a good question. I learned a lot of during my tour in the United States Air Force, like the true meaning of sacrifice, patriotism, and respect.   I also learned:

  • If you slip the base tailor twenty bucks, she will nip your Blues in at the waist a little to give you something resembling a female figure.   
  • Singing I'm Henry the Eighth, I Am to yourself in a Cockney accent while standing in formation might not keep you from passing out, but helps makes the time pass quicker.  
  • In a pinch, two packs of the earplugs issued on Space A flights can be fashioned into a temporary cork for a half-consumed bottle of champagne.   
  • Birth Control Glasses are not an effective means of contraception.  

Those might seem like ridiculous lessons, but it's really about finding the humor in any situation.   Having a sense of humor has been vitally important in my writing career - to keep me buoyed during the difficult times and to help me savor the good times... CLICK HERE TO READ MORE

 
Airman Leah Marie Sergent, Zaragoza, Spain   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheri Herouard ~ La Vie Parisienne

Have Plot, Will Travel

Creepy Château de Chaumont & Catherine's Shady Squad